My name is Meljan, I am a photographer based out of Austin, Texas. Im glad you stopped in to have a look at my work.
This is the part of the blog where I talk a little bit about myself, so here goes:
– I have been passionate about photography for a while, but it wasn’t until I purchased my first DSLR that I was actually able to share my passion by creating and capturing the various emotions of whatever I photographed.
– Many local photographers have taken the time out of their days to teach me a few things, so there are a few subtle things that I do that is my way of paying them tribute, and essentially my way of saying “thanks for showing me the ropes.” You guys know who you are. This is also partially how I came up with the ‘meljanstyle’ name, because a great friend and AMAZING photographer and mentor Arol Horkavy once said to me something along the lines of “meljan, you can be inspired all you want, but its how you take that inspiration and blend it with your own style that makes you stand out”… or something like that.. thanks buddy.
– My camera of choice is Canon, but I’m certainly not opposed to any Nikon users out there. Personal preference, thats all.
– My personal gear:
- Canon 5D Mark II (kinda important, isnt it…)
- Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro (** ALL TIME personal favorite lens**)
- Canon 50mm 1.4
- Canon 24-70 f2.8L (You’ll find me walking around with this quite a bit)
- Canon 580EX II Flash
- Canon 430 EX II Flash
- PocketWizard Mini TT1 Wireless Transmitter
- PocketWizard Flex TT5 Receiver
- BlackRapid R-strap RS-1… This thing made my life a lot easier.
- A bunch of rechargeable batteries
- A pair of lightstands/shoemounts/umbrellas
- My camera bag of choice is actually an old military messenger bag someone gave me, some velcro and padding, and a little mcguyver skills, to create a versatile and light bag that holds most of the items listed above (except the stands/’brellas).